- New creates a new document in a new editor tab.
- Open loads a document (.pcd) or image file (.jpg, .png, etc...).
- Browse Images (Desktop Only) opens the PencilSheep Image Browser (better thumbnail support & advanced image browsing functions).
- Stock Images lets you browse and import thousands of free public domain stock images directly from PencilSheep.
- Load Layer loads a document or image file, rasterizes it, and adds it to the current document as a new layer.
- Load Raw imports camera RAW files. Many different formats and cameras are supported.
- Save saves the current document, either overwriting the original file if available, or reverting to "Save As".
- Save As opens a file chooser and saves the current document to a user-specified path.
- Save New Version adds a version number to the current file name (or increments an already existing ones) and saves the current document to a new file.
- Save Lossy saves the current document with lossy compression. This allows complete PencilSheep documents with many layers to be compressed even further to very small files (eg. for sending them over the internet). On the other hand, it sacrifices some quality. For most images, the difference should hardly be noticable, but in same cases (eg. HDR image + complex filter layers), there could be severe artifacts.
- Export saves the current image in a format other than PencilSheep's native .pcd format (.jpeg, .png, .bmp, etc.).
- Export Multi can export multiple different image areas to different files. To specify an export area, create a layer named "#x <filename>" or "#x <filename> <quality>" and set it's size to the area you want to export. Opacity can be set to 0.
- Close closes the current document.
- Close All closes all currently opened documents.
- Exit closes all documents and exists PencilSheep.
Documentation Filter Layers Layers Menus