The Gradient Tool allows you to create smooth gradients two colors (foreground color and background color).
The Gradient Tool supports multiple gradient types:
- Lin - A simple linear gradient between two points
- Bil - Like a linear gradient, but in two directions.
- Rad - A radial gradient around a central point.
- Circ - A radial gradient, but the center is in the middle between both control points.
- Rect - A rectangular gradient in four directions.
The Gradient Tool can either fill the entire image (high tolerance), or only parts of the image with similar colors (low tolerance).
In addition, the color fill will be clipped to the current selection.
If the "Contiguous" option is enabled, only parts that are connected to the starting point will be filled.
If the "Contiguous" option is disabled, similar colors will be replaced within the entire current image layer.