- All selects the entire canvas.
- Deselects clears the selection so that nothing is selected.
- Blur turns hard selection edges into smooth gradients.
- Threshold converts the current selection into one with hard edges.
- Inverse selects previously unselected area and unselects previously selected areas.
- From Alpha selects all non-transparent areas of a layer.
- From Value selects all bright areas of a layer.
- From Mask selects all areas not hidden by the current layer mask.
- To Alpha makes all non-selected areas of the current layer transparent.
- To Mask creates a layer mask to hide all non-selected areas.
- Anti-Alias converts a hard pixelated selection to a smooth one, while causing only minimal blur.
- Grow makes the selection one pixel larger.
- Shrink makes the selection one pixel smaller.