The Wand Tool ("magic wand") allows you to select parts of on image with similar color.
The "Tolerance" option controls how similar the colors you want to select have to be.
The Wand Tool can work in two modes:
- In "Layer" mode, the Wand Tool selects similar colors on the current layer
- In "Composite" mode, the Wand Tool looks at all layers.
If the "Contiguous" option is enabled, the Wand Tool only selects pixels that are connected to the starting point.
If the "Contiguous" option is disabled, similar colors from the entire image or layer will be selected.
Selection tools support four different modes:
- "Set" replaces the current selection with a new one.
- "Add" keeps the current select and select new areas in addition to the already selected ones.
- "Sub" deselects already selected image areas.
- "Mul" only selects image areas have already been selected, and deselects areas which are part of the new selection.